The Bowater Transition Team Releases Final Report
The Bowater Transition Advisory Team released its final report on December 7. Titled "Our Community, Our Future", the report makes a number of recommendations including:
- Using the former Bowater mill property as a research and demonstration site to develop value-added wood products such as biofuels and engineered wood products
- making government support programs more flexible and simpler to access for the former workers
- making it easier for small business to access capital
- creating small business hubs to support new and home-based businesses
- working with both the construction and the agricultural industries to introduce new products.