Councillor Employee and Family Assistance Program
As of September 18th all UNSM elected officials will now have access to the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provided by Shepell.fgi.
The EFAP is a voluntary, confidential, short-term counselling and advisory service that connects individuals and their immediate family members to a network of dedicated counseling professionals who are available to provide assistance 24 hours a day. There is no cost to you and your family to access any of the services. Counselling Services You can access the EFAP for support with a variety of personal or work-related problems. This may include:
- Relationship Issues
- Mental or Emotional Health Challenges
- Life Transitions
- Career-Related concerns
Work/Life Services Your EFAP also offers a number of professional consultation and information services, which address a more specialized range of concerns. This range of services includes:
- Family Support Services: Helps with issues faced throughout an individual’s family and personal life.
- Financial Support Services: Take control of your financial future with advice from financial experts.
- Legal Support Services: Confidential consultations that will help provide information and clarification concerning how the law applies to a specific situation.
- Nutrition Support Services: Achieve your nutrition goals with help from a Registered Dietician.
- Naturopathic Services: Natural and holistic approach to the maintenance of good health.
Shepell•fgi’s master’s level, experienced counsellors provide support in person, over the telephone, online via e-counselling, & video counselling.
To access the EFAP, contact Shepell.fgi, toll free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1 800-387-4765 or online at workhealthlife.com
For more information, download the Employee and Family Assistance Program (682.3 kB).
Employee and Family Assistance Program Brochure